At long last – the Ultimate Steam Locomotive announcement from Kato USA! Joining the ranks of the Southern Pacific GS-4 and Union Pacific FEF-3, the latest and possibly most notable Steam locomotive ever built, the Union Pacific Big Boy Steam Locomotive will be produced by Kato in N scale for release in Mid-Late 2023!
- Capable of navigating 11” (282mm) radius curves thanks to its articulated frame.
- An all-new synchronized twin-motor coreless drive that provides the combined power of two individual engines!
- Illuminated deck-mounted headlight.
- Post 2021 “modern” excursion appearance!
- Exquisitely moulded details replicating the distinct and extensive piping details that stretch the length of the boiler.
- Heavily weighted with its metal frame and additional weights in the body details for precise balance and unparalleled pulling capacity.
- Both body and tender electrical pickup for unmatched electrical reliability.
Thanks to a special articulated mechanism, the Big Boy is able to manoeuvre around 11” radius curves, just like the Union Pacific FEF-3 and GS-4 from Kato USA!
*Pre-production sample shown, some details and colours are not final