Image shows assembled and painted kit.
This model faithfully recreates the German Self-Propelled Howitzer Wespe. It is a classic model from within the Tamiya catalogue, but this version includes updated parts and new marking options for vehicles that fought on the Italian front.
Originally designed as a stopgap, with a production run of 676, this Pz.Kpfw.II chassis-based howitzer exceeded German expectations. Intended mainly for infantry support, the Pz.Kpfw.II’s moving turret was replaced with a boxy stationary superstructure equipped with the Type 18/2 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. While the crew of 5 were not blessed with overwhelming protection, their vehicle was a mobile threat to Allied forces nonetheless.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 143mm, width: 63mm.
- The compact Wespe form is accurately captured.
- Open top fighting compartment features parts for rack, radio, ammo and flare cases, and more.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections. Upper runs depict realistic sag.
- Comes with markings for 26th Panzer Division and 29th Panzer Grenadier Division.
- Includes 4 figures total: commander, gunner and two loaders.