Expected Delivery Q4 2023 (Subject to change at Manufacturer's Discretion).
An N gauge (1:148) model of the 59/0 as operated by Foster Yeoman. The Foster Yeoman 59/0s were true pioneers for the British rail network as the first of a new-breed of locomotive designed and built in North America. Based on EMD’s SD40-2 but adapted to the British loading gauge the 59/0s ushered in a new era of locomotive design when they arrived in 1986.
The 59/0s (except for 59003) were all eventually repainted into Aggregate Industries blue/green/silver livery starting in 2008 and all remain in AI livery.
The 59/0s (like all the 59s) have a large number of detail variations which we have faithfully captured in our model:
- 59001: fitted with bell at No1 end only
- 59001-004: revised yaw damper arrangement; exhaust port on right; NRN roof pods on square bases just behind cab at each end
- 59005: 59/0 lighting arrangement but other details as per 59/1
All of our 59 models will feature the following standard features:
- Next generation heavy, diecast chassis with smooth running, low friction and low geared design (weight 105g+)
- Highly detailed injection moulded body with photo-etched and wire details and separate plastic parts
- Lift off, easy-access central body section (as per the prototype!) to allow access to the
- decoder socket and switches
- Prototype body detail variations eg headlight differences, NRN pod locations, cab handrail recesses, cab door handles, roof hatches, exhausts, and accurate chassis variation including variations in cooler pipes, lashing loops and fire extinguishers
- Separate (not solid) angled struts connecting body to chassis to allow distinctive see-through appearance of prototype
- Buffer beam detailing: one end super-detailed with solid air dam, air pipes and cosmetic coupler all fitted. Alternative solid air dam supplied for coupler end, and open air dam for those wishing to couple at both ends
- Working accurate headlights including working marker lights. Lights switchable using easy to access microswitches or with DCC
- New Next 28 (ESU E24) decoder socket – to give increased, accurate lighting functionality – please see Revolutions article/video for full details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8EgfR-LCXk
- Fine wheels to NMRA RP25 standards
- Body-mounted, kinematic close couplers with NEM coupler sockets