Lionheart Trains are delighted to launch a brand new range of models at the Lynton and Barnstable Autumn Gala 2021. We will be producing a highly detailed collection of 7mm scale Manning Wardle 2-6-2 locomotives. Three locomotives, all named after rivers, were originally ordered to operate the section of line between Lynton and Barnstable when it opened in 1897. It quickly became clear that the original locomotives could not handle the traffic and were joined by a Baldwin 2-4-2T ‘Lyn’. During their careers the original locomotives received a number of alterations, including the removal of the motion covers in 1903 and the cutting back of the cab to improve visibility for the crew. When the line was absorbed by the Southern Railway in 1923, a further example, Lew, was ordered from Manning Wardle. Alas, with the closure of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 1935 all the older engines were scrapped, only Lew survived to be shipped abroad and never seen again.
- 7mm Scale (1:43.5)
- Designed for OO track - 610mm/2ft radius curves
- Compensated chassis for smooth running
- Diecast construction - boiler, tanks, chassis
- Diecast wheels with turned metal tyres
- Powerful five pole skew wound motor
- Pull out PCB with Next-18 decoder socket.
- Easy, toolless DCC & DCC sound installation
- Factory installed sound fitted versions available
- Prototypical working Joy valve gear
- Fire box glow
- Working locomotive headlamps
- All versions to be modelled
- Adaptable to 14mm track gauge
- All liveries to be produced