A class of 50 high- power Type 4 diesels built to accelerate Anglo-Scottish expresses during the electrification of the West Coast Mainline. Famously used in pairs prior to the start of electric services, the class was transferred to the Western Region in the mid-1970s to replace the 'Western' diesel-hydraulics.
Heljan's model depicts the class after refurbishment in the early-1980s.
- DCC ready
- Working lights
- Sprung buffers
- Sound ready
- BUILT BY English Electric, Vulcan Foundry
- LIVERY Network South East
- RUNNING NUMBER 50033
- SERVICE CAREER 1967-93
- REGION London Midland/Scottish (1967-76), Western/Southern (1974-93)
- PURPOSE Passenger/mixed traffic
- STATUS IN 2018 18 preserved
- PAINT FINISH Pristine