The class 43 HST units were designed by BR and developed between 1975 and 1982.
These units were used all over the country and, due to their sleek design and ability to reach high speeds in short distances, they were instantly a favourite for railway operators. They were ideal for non electrified route, which were common in the 1970s and 1980s.
There are still over 150 of these units in service and some have been converted to New Measurement Trains (NMT), also known as the Flying Bananas, by Network Rail.
1:148 Scale model of a Class 43 HST set decorated in Network Rail livery. These models have been specially commissioned by Gaugemaster and form part of the Gaugemaster Collection Series.
This set contains a four car HST complete with a head and tail unit and two coaches. The Network Rail New Measurement Train travels the length and breadth of the country and is very popular with enthusiasts and the general public alike.
- 43014 "The Railway Observer" and 43062 "John Armitt" providing the power
- Conference Coach 975814
- Track Recording Coach 977994
Although not featuring new tooling for the sliding doors, it’s hoped that clever use of tampo printing will ensure an atmospheric representation of this train.
- Gaugemaster Limited Edition
- Next18 DCC Ready
- Finely detailed body with many extra fitted items
- 5 pole Super Creep motor with incredible controllable slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights
- Coaches are light bar ready
- Accessory bag with optional fitted parts
- Extensive range of previously produced coaching stock also available
- 1 x Class 43 HST set
- OPERATOR Network Rail
- CLASS 43 HST
- LIVERY Network Rail Yellow
- RUNNING NUMBER 43014/062