The class 43 HST units were designed by BR and developed between 1975 and 1982.
These units were used all over the country and, due to their sleek design and ability to reach high speeds in short distances, they were instantly a favourite for railway operators. They were ideal for non electrified route, which were common in the 1970s and 1980s.
There are still over 150 of these units in service and some have been converted to New Measurement Trains (NMT), also known as the Flying Bananas, by Network Rail.
1:148 Scale model of a Class 43 HST set decorated in GWR Green livery. These models have been specially commissioned by Gaugemaster and form part of the Gaugemaster Collection Series.
This set contains a four car HST complete with a head and tail unit and two coaches. This GWR "Castle Set" is supplied with:
Although not featuring new tooling for the sliding doors, it’s hoped that clever use of tampo printing will ensure an atmospheric representation of this train.
- 43093 "Old Oak Common HST Depot 1976-2018" in its striking modified livery featuring trains through the lifespan of the depot
- 43041 "St Catherine’s Castle"
- TS Coach 48103
- TGS Coach 49101
- Gaugemaster Limited Edition
- Next18 DCC Ready
- Finely detailed body with many extra fitted items
- 5 pole Super Creep motor with incredible controllable slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights
- Coaches are light bar ready
- Accessory bag with optional fitted parts
- Extensive range of previously produced coaching stock also available
- 1 x Class 43 HST set
- OPERATOR GWR
- CLASS 43 HST
- LIVERY GWR Green
- RUNNING NUMBER 43041/093