The Great Western Railway (GWR) 6400 Class is a class of 0-6-0 pannier tank steam locomotive introduced by Charles Collett in 1932. All 40 examples were 'auto-fitted' – equipped with the remote-control equipment needed for working autotrains.
The smaller wheels of the 64xx's permitted operation in hillier locations than the 5400 Class and allocations were initially to the South Wales valleys.
Engines of class 6400 worked on many of the ex-GWR branch lines in Devon and Cornwall until the early 1960s, when the lines closed or diesel multiple units took over services. Number 6430 was a regular engine on the old Tavistock South branch line and would often run with two autocoaches. No. 6412 was based at Gloucester loco shed and operated the last "Chalford Shuttle" autotrain service between Gloucester and Chalford in 1962.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Sprung Buffers
- Powerful 5 Pole Motor
- Expertly applied livery
- Diecast Chassis, Footplate, Boiler and Firebox
- Exquisitely detailed body with many added detailed parts
- CLASS 64xx
- LIVERY BR Black Early Emblem
- ERA 4 (1948 - 1956)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 0-6-0
- DECODER Installed
- SOUND Use Soundtraxx STX881106 Steam Sound Decoder (Speaker Required)
- COUPLINGS 3-Link
- TRACK SUPPLY 2 Rail DCC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 218mm
- WIDTH 58mm
- HEIGHT 84mm