The Dapol model of the HAA and HEA will feature:
• Extremely detailed and accurate body shell and diecast chassis
• Many separately added fine details
• Sprung metal buffers
• Functioning instanter couplings
• Metal sprung coupling hook and metal screw coupling
• Finely profiled wheels and axles with brass bearing pockets
• Superbly applied livery
HAA hoppers were produced for the mass transport of coal from colliery to power station in a non stop loop known as `Merry Go Round Operation’, this led to the wagon being known as MGR wagons. Over 11,000 of these 32T hoppers were manufactured for BR mainly at Shildon between 1964 and 1965.
Dapol has produced new tooling allowing the production of the canopied variant of the wagon. This was a feature added to many of the earlier wagons. The canopy was eventually phased out and for many years canopied hoppers were only common in Scotland.