Dapol 7D-066-005D Class 66 789 GBRF 'British Rail 1948-1997' BR Blue Large Logo Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted
- O Gauge Scale
- DCC On Board
- Product features directional lighting
- Era 11. 2014 onwards - Present Day
- Product features internal lighting
- What the icons mean
The Class 66 is a type of six-axle diesel electric freight locomotive developed in part from the Class 59, for use on the railways of the UK. Since its introduction, the class has been successful and has been sold to many British and European operators.
The first locomotive shipped to the UK arrived at Immingham in June 1998 and was taken to Derby for testing.
The second was taken to AAR's Pueblo Test Centre for endurance testing, before shipping to the UK. The locomotives then shipped at a rate of 11 per month into the UK via Newport Docks until the order was completed in December 2001.
After unloading, EWS engineers then simply took off the tarpaulin, unblocked the suspension and finally as each was shipped with water and fuel, hooked up the batteries before starting the engine and handing the locomotive into service. The ability to simply start up the 66s on the dockside and drive them under their own power to depots to enter service was nothing short of a revelation when compared to many other BR locomotives.
There were over 500 examples built, such was the success of the design.
The model will have the following features:
- Illuminated cab control panel
- Cab light (independent operation)
- Factory sound fitted models to be fitted with RealDrive
- DC control switches accessible via a lift off roof panel
- Operating side lights where lighting cluster is applicable
- DCC Ready (21 pin) with DCC & DCC Sound fitted options available
- Two balanced and matched motors for maximum pulling power and slow speed runnning
- Operating front/rear lights (independent operation for DCC, switched for DC use) including day/night mode
CHASSIS & BODY
- Sprung buffers
- Diecast bogie frames
- Sprung centre wheel
- Rotating axle centres
- Expertly applied livery
- Heavyweight diecast chassis
- Appropriate couplings attached>
- Etched grilles with through body transparency
- Separately fitted details such as handrails, handles, and grilles
- CLASS 66
- LIVERY GB Railfreight
- ERA 9 (1995 - onwards)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION Co-Co
- DCC TYPE 21 Pin DCC fitted
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFERS 497mm
- WIDTH 62mm
- HEIGHT 90mm