The Dapol model of the P & D JHA Hopper will feature:
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- Inner wagons without buffers and buckeye couplings
- Outer wagons with Lamp, Sprung Buffers and Standard OO model coupling with NEM pocket at one end, other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye couplings.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Sprung Buffers on outer most wagon end
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of flashing lamp)
- The models will be finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings
- Early CADS shown for illustration only, number of internal ribs has been corrected and other adjustments have made to underframe detailing.
Built by Powell and Duffryn these high capacity wagons were originally bought by ARC and wore the distinctive ARC livery but have since changed to wearing Hanson’s livery. They have on occasion also been seen sporting plain grey to hide graffiti.
The fleet is noticeable for its use of distinctive inside bearing TF1 low track force bogies. There are a few variants of the hopper. The outer hoppers are numbered 17xxx and the inner hoppers are numbered 19xxx. Only the most distal end of the outer hoppers are fitted with buffers, all wagons are fitted with buckeye couplings.