Dapol 4D-014-006S Class 29 D6132 BR Two Tone Green (Small Yellow Panel) Diesel Locomotive (DCC Sound)
- OO Gauge Scale
- Free P&P
- DCC Sound Fitted
- Product features directional lighting
- Era 6. 1967-1971 British Rail Blue Pre Tops
- Product features internal lighting
- What the icons mean
The BR Class 29 is a type of Bo-Bo diesel-electric locomotive designed for both freight and passenger use. Although outwardly similar to the Class 22, they actually share no mechanical parts and in fact were a modified Class 21 with a replacement Paxman engine with improvements to power output.
These modifications were carried out between 1963 and 1965 mainly at the Polmadie Traction & Rolling Stock Depot in Glasgow. After the rebuild, the locomotives returned to Scottish duties until their withdrawal in 1971. No Class 29 locomotives survive preservation. Dapol have managed to provide for the Class 21 also in the tooling and this will be made concurrently with the Class 29.
The first EP’s have arrived and are currently being evaluated by the design team and a series of corrective measures will be made to each of the models to ensure that they are as true to the prototype as possible.
These great little models feature lots of details including etched grills, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Detailed body with etched grilles and separately fitted handrails
- Finely detailed cast wheels
- Metal sprung buffers
- 5 pole Super creep motor with twin brass fly wheels for controlled pulling power and incredible slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Independent directional and cab lighting
- Includes magnetic couplings and traditional couplings
- Accessory bag with optional fitted components
- CLASS 29
- LIVERY BR Two Tone Green Small Yellow Panel
- ERA 6 (1967 - 1971)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION Bo-Bo
- DCC TYPE DCC Fitted
- SOUND Fitted
- TRACK SUPPLY 2 Rail DCC
- FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 206mm
- WIDTH 34mm
- HEIGHT 49mm