Expected Delivery Q4 2024 (Subject to change at Manufacturer's Discretion).
- Finely moulded body and tender with many separately added fine details
- Models include tender, chimney, steam dome variations and some with smoke deflectors
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Heavy metal chassis and 14 wheel pick up Dapol’s tender drive system that delivers power to the locomotive wheels
- Super Creep Motor for controlled pulling power with fine slow speed control
- Comes with traction tyres
- Finely etched name plates
- Accessory bag with spares and other added detail
Dapol are proud to continue to model one of the most celebrated locomotives of all time, the A3 Pacific. Over 70 A3s were built from the late 1920s to 1935. Only one survives into preservation, The Flying Scotsman, which was named after the train service between London and Edinburgh and was the first steam locomotive to be measured at speeds of over 100mph enabling the 392 mile trip to be completed in 8 hours. Innovations to aid this included a corridor connector and tunnel through an enlarged tender to enable crew replacement without stopping. Other A3 locomotives were named after high ranking railway officials or racehorses.