Dapol 2D-023-004 Class 221 5 Car Set 221101 Avanti West Coast
- N Gauge Scale
- 6 Pin DCC
- Product features directional lighting
- Era 11. 2014 onwards - Present Day
- What the icons mean
The Class 221 Super Voyager is a class of tilting diesel-electric multiple-unit express passenger trains built in Bruges, Belgium, by Bombardier Transportation in 2001/02.
The Class 221 are similar to the Class 220 Voyager units, but were built with a tilting mechanism enabling up to six degrees of tilt to allow higher speeds on curved tracks, most have five coaches, and they have a different bogie design. They have a maximum speed of 125 mph (200 km/h).
Currently these trains are divided between two operators, Avanti West Coast (20 sets) and CrossCountry (24 sets). The sets operated by CrossCountry had their tilt function disabled in 2008 to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- All wheel pick up
- Directional Lights
- New design motor for smooth running
- Detailed body with many fitted items
- Accessory bag with spares and optional detail parts
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Coaches can be fitted with Plug-In Lighting Bars
- CLASS 221 DMU
- LIVERY Avanti West Coast
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 5 Car Multi-Unit
- COUPLINGS Non NEM
- DCC TYPE 6 Pin DCC Ready
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 685mm
- WIDTH 18mm
- HEIGHT 26mm