Dapol 2D-018-013D Class 35 Hymek D7020 Two Tone Green FYP DCC Fitted
- N Gauge Scale
- DCC On Board
- Product features directional lighting
- Era 6. 1967-1971 British Rail Blue Pre Tops
- What the icons mean
The British Rail (BR) Class 35 is a class of mixed-traffic B-B diesel locomotive with hydraulic transmission. Because of their Mekydro-design hydraulic transmission units, the locomotives became known as the Hymeks. They were numbered D7000-D7100.
One hundred and one were built between 1961 and 1964 by Bayer Peacock (Hymek) Ltd, a joint venture company between Bristol Siddeley Engines (supplier of the Maybachengine used), Stone-Platt Industries (Supplier of the Mekydro Hydraulic transmission) and Bayer Peacock & Co (manufacturer of the locomotive).
The Hymek continued into service until 1975 by which time their passenger and freight duties were replaced in the main by the more powerful Class 52 Western and the diesel-electric Class 37. Four Hymeks survive into preservation.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Directional Lights
- Split frame tungsten chassis
- Darkened wheels and pin point bearings
- All wheel pick up and all wheel pick drive
- Accessory Bag with separate optional fittings
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- 5 pole Super creep motor with huge pulling power and incredible slow running speed
- Motorised model DA2D-018-009 is available for a protypical double header
- CLASS 35 Hymek
- LIVERY BR Two Tone Green Full Yellow Panel
- ERA 5 (1957 - 1966)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION B-B
- COUPLINGS NEM
- DCC TYPE 6 Pin Ready
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 138mm
- WIDTH 19mm
- HEIGHT 26mm