Bachmann 394-025 Bogie Coach in Ashover Railway Crimson livery No.1

  • £47.95
    Unit price per 
  • £12.00
UK Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
Availability: In stock

Weathering Options

Product Information

Product Description

We are delighted to present this model of the Gloucester Bogie Coach depicting Ashover Light Railway coach No. 1.

This highly detailed model is packed with features; starting at the roof there are separately fitted ventilators and finely moulded rain strips. The sides of the coach have panelled walls with recessed windows, whilst the doors are also recessed and have metal handrails on either side. The ends of the coach also have a pair of windows and with such a good view of the interior, it’s easy to see the detail that we’ve incorporated inside, too.

The coach interior is fully modelled and decorated in cream and brown, with two compartments in each coach surrounded by vestibules at each end. The compartments have seats running underneath the windows along either side. The floorboards of the coach are amongst the many intricately detailed features, as are the supports and boards that make up the ceiling.

Underneath the coach body, the diecast metal chassis is fitted with brake rigging along the centre and pipes along the full length of each coach. The coach body itself is supported on bogies that are equipped with metal wheels and NEM coupling pockets.

MODEL FEATURES:

  • Bachmann Narrow Gauge OO9 Scale
  • Era 3
  • Pristine Ashover Light Railway Crimson livery
  • Running No. 1
  • NEM Coupling Pockets
  • Length 141mm


GLOUCESTER BOGIE COACH HISTORY

The Ashover Light Railway was a narrow gauge railway built in Derbyshire between Clay Cross and Ashover which opened in 1925. Whilst the line was built to transport minerals, in order to obtain its Light Railway Order it had to agree to offer a passenger service and for this, four Bogie Coaches were ordered from the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. Ltd. The coaches were purpose built but ran on bogies from ex-War Department Wagons that had been purchased as Army surplus. When passenger services ceased in 1936, the coaches were put into store and were later used as stands at the railway company’s sports ground. Coaches No. 1 and 2 were later sold to the Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway. No. 4 is now owned by the Golden Valley Light Railway, based at the Midland Railway – Butterley, whilst No. 3 was scrapped.