SOUND FITTED Wainwright D Class

Posted by Warren Bennett on

Back in 2021 the model of the OO Gauge D Class was released, produced by a partnership of Dapol Ltd, Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield.

All of the Rails Of Sheffield released models have been out of stock for sometime, with these previously releases selling through at an incredible rate.
We have acquired a limited number of the NRM / Locomotion Models Exclusive Model SECR Lined Original Green 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive (Semi Gloss Finish and fitted with DCC Sound). It has been produced using the preserved No. 737 in association with a team of expert contributors from museum and specialist modellers.
Read a review of the model from the Hornby Magazine HERE


Order one these fantastic models remaining at the below link for £324.99. 

These are SOLD OUT with the museum so these can only now be ordered EXCLUSIVELY from Rails Of Sheffield. Over 50% of our stock has now sold!

ORDER HERE

The models feature NEM coupling pockets, Locomotive feature a firebox flicker effect. Another feature is the drawbar between the locomotive and tender which is of a new ‘pinless’ type carrying the electrical connection. Dapol are the first manufacturer to use this type of drawbar on a British outline OO scale locomotive. To couple the locomotive to the tender it is necessary to connect on it on a straight piece of track to enable them to be pushed together.

Prototype Information
51 locomotives D Class 4-4-0 locomotives were built between February 1901 and March 1907 during the Wainwright period by the South Eastern & Chatham Railway. The design work for these locomotives was carried out at the SE & CR Ashford Works under the direction of the company’s Locomotive, Carriage & Wagon Superintendent, Harry S Wainwright (1864 -1925). Wainwright held the post from 1899 until his retirement in 1913. However, the design was undertaken by Surtees, who was the SE & CR Chief Draughtsman, having held a similar position with the London, Chatham & Dover Railway before it amalgamated with the South Eastern Railway in 1913 to become the SE & CR.

Share this post



← Older Post Newer Post →