Rapido Announce Jones Goods 4-6-0!
Posted by Oliver Davies on
Rapido have announced that they're making a 'OO' gauge model of the Highland Railway’s famous 'Jones Goods' 4-6-0!
All versions are available to pre-order now, DCC ready and DCC sound fitted
Although they’re often called ‘Jones Goods’ after Highland Chief Engineer David Jones, it was his Chief Draughtsman, David Anderson Hendrie, who proposed that the railway could benefit from the 4-6-0 wheel arrangement that was becoming common in other countries.
The result was the first 4-6-0 design to run in Britain. Sharp Stewart of Glasgow delivered all 15 during 1894. The last was withdrawn in 1940 but the LMS saved pioneer No. 103, which, having worked railtours in the 1960s, is now on display in Glasgow's Riverside Museum.
Rapido's Jones Goods has the usual high specification you’d expect from a Rapido model:
- Lots of fine detail
- Sprung buffers
- Smooth and powerful mechanism
- NEM coupler pockets
- Firebox flicker
- High quality paint finish
- Factory-fitted sound speaker
Six versions are available to order:
- No. 103, HR yellow (1960s condition)
- No. 106, HR light green (1890s condition)
- No. 113, HR Drummond green
- No. 17920, LMS unlined black (early)
- No. 17924, LMS lined black
- No. 17917, LMS unlined black (late)
Further updates to follow shortly.