Bachmann's new Narrow Gauge OO9 Scale model of Quarry Hunslet Steam Locomotive ‘Britomart’ Pen-yr-Orsedd Quarry Blue locomotive is back in stock!
These are now sold out a Bachmann, so once they are gone, they are gone!
Barely larger than a 9V battery, this diminutive model still packs a punch with its diecast boiler and running plate, accompanied by a wealth of separately fitted details including handrails, valves, springs, brake shoes and cab controls. The 0-4-0ST wheel formation is faithfully modelled, with authentically-profiled wheels running in metal bearings ensuring smooth running, powered by a coreless motor with flywheel, and with a 6 Pin DCC decoder socket for those wishing to use the models with a DCC system. NEM coupling pockets feature at both ends, into which standard OO9 scale couplings are fitted.
- Bachmann Narrow Gauge OO9 Scale
- Era 6
- Pristine Pen-yr-Orsedd Quarry Blue livery
- Named ‘Britomart’
- Etched Name Plates and Works Plates Included
- NEM Coupling Pockets
- Powerful Coreless Motor and Flywheel
- Detailed and decorated cab interior
- Equipped with a 6 Pin DCC Decoder Socket
- Length 58mm (over couplings)
DETAIL VARIATIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL
- Early-type Enclosed Cab with roof modified to suit Ffestiniog Railway loading gauge
- Vacuum-Brakes fitted
- Angled Frames
- Piston Access Holes in front Bufferbeam
- Backhead Injectors
- Cab-front-mounted Whistle
- Ramsbottom Safety Valves
- Riveted Water Tank
- Wrap Around Tank Handrail
- Twin Smokebox-mounted Lubricators
- Lamp Brackets fitted
- Optional Tool Box
- Blower supply fitted to right hand side of locomotive
‘BRITOMART’ HISTORY (with grateful thanks to The Quarry Hunslet website)
Britomart moved to the Ffestiniog Railway in 1965 after a working life at the Pen-yr-Orsedd Quarry in the Nantlle Vale in North Wales. The engine is typical of the small Hunslet 0-4-0STs built by Hunslet of Leeds for quarries in North Wales. Britomart is owned by a private consortium and is housed and steamed on special occasions at the Ffestiniog Railway.