Dapol's New N Gauge Class A4 Locomotives Arrive!
Three new versions are available to purchase:
All DCC ready versions are in stock now and available to order for £146.83 each with free UK Postage. DCC Fitted versions have also now arrived, order today for £174.37.
The Dapol model includes innovative features such as:
- Finely moulded body and tender with many separately added fine details
- Models include tender & chimney variations
- Valanced and Un-Valanced versions now available
- DCC fitted models available with Gaugemaster DC23 decoder
- DCC Ready
- Cast wheels with fine relief & appropriate colouring
- Dapols tender drive system that delivers power to the locomotive wheels
- Heavy chassis and 14 wheel pick up
- Super Creep Motor for controlled pulling power with ne slow speed control
- Finely etched name plates
- Accessory bag with spares
One of the most recognisable locomotives of all time and certainly one of the most handsome, the A4 locomotive was designed by Sir Nigel Gresley and came into service in 1935. Thirty five were made and all were named. Perhaps the most famous of all, Mallard, reached a speed of 126mph in 1938 and still holds the record for the worlds fastest steam locomotive. A4 Pacific locomotives were in service until the 1960s and several, including Mallard, survived into preservation.