At this past weekends The International N Gauge Show Dapol provided a update on the SR West Country / Battle of Britain Bulleid Light Pacifics, first announced back in 2018!
New CAD images have been released, with not delivery expected not expected until 2024.
The models promise to be Dapols first 'Next Generation' steam locomotive, with entirely re-deigned chassis & electronics. The models will also incorporate Dapol's new locomotive mounted motor for "excellent slow running and pulling power".
2S-034-001 21C164 'Fighter Command' SR Malachite green
2S-034-002 34055 'Spitfire' BR green, late crest
2S-034-003 34110 '66 Squadron' BR green, early crest
2S-034-004 21C113 'Okehampton' SR Malachite green
2S-034-005 34030 'Watersmeet' BR green, late crest
The full list of features is as follows:
• Powerful new locomotive mounted motor
• Electrical pick up from all locomotive and tender wheels
• Diecast chassis and locomotive body, injection moulded tender body
• Partial chassis compensation for smooth running and to aid electrical pickup
• Stainless steel running gear
• Standard NEM couplings
• Detailed body & fittings
• Printed name plates
• Accessory bag with etched nameplates and details buffer beam fittings
Images and info provided by N Gauge News, check out there website HERE