Dapol's N Gauge Yeoman O&K JHA Hopper wagons have arrived!
There are 10 versions available to order which include end and middle hoppers.
The Dapol model of the O & K JHA Hopper will feature:
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- a. Inner wagons without buffers and NEM compatible dummy buckeye coupling bar (Rapido style also included for tighter curves)
- b. Outer wagons with removeable (non functional) lamp, buffers and Standard N model coupling with NEM pocket at one end, other endis without buffers and fitted with a NEM compatible dummy buckeye coupling bar.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Fixed buffers on outer most wagon end
- Kinematic style close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 263.5mm radius
- The models will be finished with high level of detail which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings
The O & K JHA hoppers were built by Orenstein & Koppel to coincide with the introduction of the Class 59s in the UK for aggregate haulage by Foster Yeoman. They remain in service to date with Mendip Rail Ltd. A rake of these wagons consist of two outer wagons and a number of inner wagons. The notable feature is that the two outer wagons have screw link couplings and buffers on the outer most edge of the train, whilst the connection between inner wagons is a buckeye style coupling allowing closer coupling and hence an overall reduction in length of the train which was considered an important design aim. Dapol will produce the Foster Yeoman livery with 4 different outer wagons and 6 inner wagons