Revolution Trains have announced they are producing the new Clayton Engineering Class 18 CBD80 / CBD90 hybrid battery diesel shunting locomotive in OO gauge.
Watch the launch video here:
Models are available to pre-order exclusively from Rails!
- CAD work is already underway and images will be published soon
- The models are expected to be ready to ship late next year or early 2023.
Clayton has supplied variations of its CBD80/90 hybrid battery-diesel loco to a number of industrial users with an initial build of 5 for Tata Steel, 2 for Sellafield and 15 for Beacon Rail with more expected in the future. Clayton and Beacon hope that the Class 18 will begin to replace elderly Class 08s as the modern yard shunter of choice.
The 15 Beacon locos have been assigned to Class 18 on the rail network and are expected to be hired out to freight operators in a number of industrial and yard locations. 18001 is currently on test at the Chasewater Railway with Clayton delivering further Class 18s from now until mid-2023.
Revolution have an exclusive licence from Beacon to use their logo and branding on the Class 18s, plus an agreement from Tata Steel.
MODEL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Model designed to British OO gauge, 1:76.2 scale
- Injection moulded plastic body and bogies with many detailing parts. Where appropriate grilles to be photo-etched and handrails/piping/windscreen wipers to be wire, photo-etched or very fine plastic.
- Heavy cast metal chassis/footplate block.
- Power pick-up on all wheels.
- Designed to allow simple conversion to EM/P4 standards.
- Couplers to be mounted in NEM 362 sockets with kinematic close-coupling system. Models to be supplied with functional tension lock couplers at both ends using slot in removable end buffing plate. Painted full buffing plate with realistic cosmetic coupler hook and shackle to be supplied in an accessory pack for customers to fit.
- Chassis incorporates smooth, 5-pole 12V DC motor and high quality with metal gear boxes and brass axles bearings.
- High quality PCB to incorporate 21-pin DCC interface with Stay-Alive and Anti-Flicker.
- Models to feature working forward cab and bufferbeam white headlights, red tail lights and where appropriate solid or flashing warning lights. Lighting to be switchable, and capable of full prototypical configurations under DCC control. Lighting to use bright white or coloured LEDs as appropriate.
- Models to feature detailed, painted cab interior and switchable interior cab lighting.
- Models to feature softly sprung buffers.
- A DCC sound project has been recorded by Legomanbiffo.