DCC FITTED AND DCC SOUND VERSIONS NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!
(Prices for DCC fitted and sound models are still TBC.)
Cavalex Models have today confirmed prices for their OO Gauge Class 56 locomotives.
"Our Class 56 project has been progressing nicely in the tooling stage to a point where we are confident we can release the price. The price is being set at £189.95.
The price of the DCC fitted and DCC sound versions are TBC at this stage.
We’re very excited to receive the first shots out of the moulds and will provide a full update on the project once these have been received.
Thanks to all of our customers and followers for their overwhelmingly positive reaction to the project so far."
14 models are currently in production:
- Class 56008 BR Blue Livery
- Class 56018 EWS Livery
- Class 56019 Railfreight Red Stripe
- Class 56023 Coal Sector
- Class 56046 Construction Sector
- Class 56055 Loadhaul Livery
- Class 56070 BR Blue Livery
- Class 56074 “Kellingley Colliery” Coal Sector
- Class 56077 Original Railfreight Livery
- Class 56093 Tinsley Celebrity BR Blue Large Logo
- Class 56097 Metals Sector
- Class 56120 BR Blue Large Logo
- Class 56049 "Robin of Templecombe' Colas Rail
- Class 56091 "Driver Wayne Gaskell" DCR
ALL MODELS CAN BE PRE-ORDERED AT RAILS FOR £189.95 with FREE UK Postage!
Pre-ordering is highly recommended to secure yours as production is limited.
Pre-order today with just a £30.00 deposit. The balance isn't due until the models arrive in stock.
VIEW ALL HERE
3D Printed Sample
The model is already significantly advanced and currently at the tooling stage, having been in the works for the past few years. All variants of the 56 are being tooled, to accurately cover all 135 locomotives produced between 1976 and 1984.
The Cavalex 56 has been designed completely from scratch, based on original works drawings from both Electroputere and BREL. Having incorporated numerous innovations into the model which they plan to showcase in the future. Whilst the 56 has been released by other manufacturers in the past, it was an obvious choice for Cavalex given the prototype ran with all of the released and forthcoming wagons, and being 56 fans, Cavalex wanted to capture the distinct differences between the four main versions of the ‘Grid’. They have deliberately chosen prototypes that don’t conflict with existing models of the class, whilst also releasing liveries never seen in 4mm scale. This extends to liveries not seen on certain versions; for example Red Stripe Railfreight on a Romanian built Class 56.
The locomotive will incorporate the following features:
- A wealth of separately fitted parts, including bogies which aren’t just one piece mouldings to allow for proper detail relief
- Photo etched grilles throughout the model
- All wheel pick up
- Alloy chassis to allow the locomotive to pull prototypical wagon rakes
- 5 pole motor with twin flywheels, geared for prototypical running speeds with superb
- slow speed control
- 21 pin DCC interface, with easy DCC fitting provision
- DCC sound and stay alive options (Further news to follow)
- Provision for an EM2 Speaker in the chassis as standard
- Drop in EM/P4 wheelset packs available to order separately to coincide with the
- release of the model (Further news to follow)
- Separately motor operated roof fans via a function output on DCC, or when moving
- on DC
- Etched name plates supplied as appropriate
- Both standard and revised cantrail grill options depending on prototype.
The Cavalex 56 will be produced to the same high standard of finish as the highly regarded PGA and BBA/BLA wagons, incorporating similar levels of detail and innovation.