The Leyland Fleetline was only the second rear-engine double-decker bus chassis to be produced by a UK manufacturer. It was designed by Daimler and was introduced in 1958.
Leyland and Daimler were brought together under British Leylandin 1968 and the Daimler name continued to be applied until themid-1970s when it was replaced with Leyland branding.
Birmingham City Transport,later West Midlands PTE, was the second largest Fleetline operator (behind London Transport) and it Rapido Trains UK is to follow its ground-breaking 1:76 scale BCT ‘New Look’ Guys with this classic West Midlands double-decker.
Leyland Fleetline bus had well over 1,000. West Mid-lands’ last Fleetlines were withdrawn in 1997.
With the help of Transport Museum, Wythall, our 1:76 scale Fleetline will feature the same superb level of detail as our ‘New Look’ Guy Birminghams.
Our stunning 1:76 scale model buses boast many innovative features:
- 100% accurate proportions based on laser scans of the real thing
- Injection-moulded plastic and die-cast metal construction
- All body weld lines, extrusions and rivets accurately rendered
- Full, multi-coloured interior with no large posts blocking aisles
- separate etched-metal interior grab poles
- Pose-able front wheels with rubber tyres
- Flush glazing throughout
- Working headlamps & interior lighting
- Illuminated destination blinds
- Requires a 12V 500mA DC power supply (not included)