As 2021 draws to a close, preparations for Heljan's 2022 releases are well in hand – some have already been revealed but more exciting new OO and O gauge models will be revealed shortly. Heljan will share all the most important information with us in a special newsletter to coincide with the publication of the 2022 catalogue in early-December.
Expected next from Heljan in December 2021 is the O Gauge Class 56. Packed with fine detail and desirable features, Heljan's '56' depicts the later Doncaster and Crewe-built locomotives (56056-135). It is being produced in no fewer than 10 different versions, ranging from original BR blue to mid-1990s Loadhaul black/orange. Standard features include LED lighting, powered roof fans, heavy duty chassis with twin motors and brass flywheels, DCC Friendly PCB with screw terminals, etched grilles, a choice of cab door handrail designs, optional cab ventilation grilles and protection grids for mounting under the bufferbeams, sprung buffers and couplings and a wealth of separately fitted detail parts.All available to pre order from Rails, prices starting at £594.15 again with FREE UK SHIPPING.
- #5600 BR Blue unnumbered
- #5601 BR Large Logo Blue unnumbered
- #5602 Railfreight Large Logo Grey unnumbered
- #5603 Railfreight Red Stripe Grey unnumbered
- #5604 Railfreight 3-tone Grey unbranded/unnumbered
- #5605 Railfreight Coal 56101 Mutual Improvement WEATHERED
- #5606 Railfreight Construction 56110 Croft
- #5607 Loadhaul black/orange unnumbered
- #5608 BR Large Logo Blue 56099 (Tinsley embellishments)
- #5609 BR Blue 56071
Expected January 2022 is batch number 3 of the Class 50s. These imposing Brush-built heavy freight diesels feature a wealth of fine detail and will be offered in a much wider range of liveries than the previous release. Seven models due in total, with two being distributed by Gaugemaster. All available from Rails, prices starting at £594.15 again with FREE UK SHIPPING.
- #4021 Class 50 BR Blue Large Logo Grey Roof
- #4029 Class 50 BR Blue Large Logo Black Roof
- #4030 Class 50 036 'Victorious' BR Blue Large Logo Weathered
- #4034 Class 50 008 'Thunderer' Hanson & Hall Grey
- #4037 Class 50 046 'Ajax' BR Blue Large Logo Black Roof
- #4038 Class 50 032 'Courageous' Network SouthEast Weathered
- #4039 Class 50 033 'Glorious' Revised Network SouthEast Dark Blue
Due in March 2022, the Class 37/4 featuring a mix of existing liveries and new versions, Batch 3 includes several fully decorated numbered and named favourites joining the range. All are being produced in limited quantities, so pre-order yours now! Seven versions in this run including a re-run of the previously 3741 (BR Blue Large Logo Diesel Locomotive Unnumbered) and 3745 (Railfreight Triple Grey Diesel Locomotive Unnumbered). Prices starting at £509.15 again with FREE UK SHIPPING.
- #3741 Class 37/4 BR Blue Large Logo Diesel Locomotive (Unnumbered)
- #3745 Class 37/4 Railfreight Triple Grey Diesel Locomotive (Unnumbered)
- #3753 Class 37/4 Railfreight Petroleum 3T grey 37418 Pectinidae
- #3754 Class 37/4 BR Large Logo 37426 Y Lein Fach/Vale of Rheidol
- #3755 Class 37/4 BR Large Logo 37404 Ben Cruachan - Weathered
- #3756 Class 37/4 Railfreight Construction 3T grey 37425 Sir Robert McAlpine/Concrete Bob - Weathered
- #3757 Class 37/4 Railfreight Distribution 3T grey 37413 Loch Eil Outward Bound
Further Project Updates
Several other new models are currently progressing towards completion. Delivery schedules are currently uncertain due to shipping delays, but we hope to see these models in 2022.
Class 07 (Batch 3) - Due January 2022.
Class 86/4 - Due January 2022.
Class 25 (Batch 2) - Due February 2022.
Gresley O2 (new versions) - Due June 2022.
W&M Diesel Railbus (Batch 2) - Due July 2022.
Class 45 - Due Q2 2022.
Class 47 - Due Mid 2022.
BR Mk2 Coaches - Q3 2022.
Class 117 DMUs - Mid 2022.
Class 121 DMUs - Mid 2022.
Class 122 DMUs - Mid 2022.