Dapol's OO Gauge Streamlined Railcar Locomotives
ONLY £89.50 each
Saving over £75 off the RRP (£166.22)
Limited stock available, order quick while stocks last!
The first diesel railcar was introduced by the GWR in 1933. The innovation was to prove extremely successful and they continued in operation well into the 1960s when their use was eclipsed by the introduction of the BR first generation DMUs. The railcar’s art deco air smoothed styling has lead to their nickname of `Flying Banana’ although later variants were produced to a more angular style. In all 38 GWR diesel railcars were produced from 1933 to 1942 at three different sites with three surviving into preservation.
These great little models feature lots of details including etched grills, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering
- Finely moulded body with many separately applied details
- Accurately applied livery
- Sprung buffers
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Tungsten chassis
- All wheel pickup
- NEM Coupling pockets
- Directional and interior lighting
- 5 Pole skew wound motor for smooth running
- Accessory bag with added detail parts and spares