We are pleased to announce a new pair of N Gauge Class 59s which are exclusive to Rails of Sheffield.
Class 59 59003
Original GBRf “Europorte” 2014 - June 2020
Class 59 59003
Revised GBRf June 2020 – present
Available to Pre-Order Now for £159.95
(No deposit required)
The Revolution Trains Class 59 features:
- Next generation heavy, diecast chassis with smooth running, low friction and low geared design (estimated weight 110-115g).
- Highly detailed injection moulded body with photo-etched and wire details and separate plastic parts.
- Lift off, easy-access central body section (as per the prototype!) to allow access to the decoder socket and switches.
- Prototype body detail variations eg headlight differences, NRN pod locations, cab handrail recesses, cab door handles, roof hatches, exhausts, and accurate chassis variation including variations in cooler pipes, lashing loops and fire extinguishers.
- Separate (not solid) angled struts connecting body to chassis to allow distinctive see-through appearance of prototype.
- Buffer beam detailing: one end super-detailed with solid air dam, air pipes and cosmetic coupler all fitted. Alternative solid air dam supplied for coupler end, and open air dam for those wishing to couple at both ends.
- Working accurate headlights including working marker lights. Lights switchable using easy to access microswitches or with DCC.
- Next 18 NEM 652 socket and factory fitted speaker for easy sound fitting plus DCC sound fitted option.
- Fine wheels to NMRA RP25 standards.
- Body-mounted, kinematic close couplers with NEM coupler sockets.
59003 is unique amongst all the 59s. 59003 was modified and moved to Germany in 1997 for use on the German network as part of joint Foster Yeoman-DB operation. In 2014 GBRf repatriated 59003 and brought it back into UK mainline use. 59003 has some unique detail variations which we have tooled up to faithfully represent the modified locomotive.