Rectangular tanks were a very common sight in the latter part of the 1800s and up to 1930, serving Britain’s booming chemical industry and in conveying tar by-products from the numerous municipal gas works found in every large town and city. Their rectangular shape was dictated by the metal forming technology of the day, where only at sheets were available, which were simply riveted together.
At the end of the 1920s the development of the ability to accurately roll plate, enabled safer cylindrical tanks to be manufactured and rectangular tanks became obsolete.
- Highly detailed body, finely moulded
- Profiled wheels
- NEM pockets with self-centring couplings
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 73mm
- WIDTH 33mm
- HEIGHT 31mm