LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 4761 LNER Black (LNER Original) By Graham Farish | Code: 372-400A | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 4761 LNER Black (LNER Original)
The London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) Class J39 was a medium powered 0-6-0 steam locomotive designed for mixed traffic work throughout the former LNER system between London and the north of Scotland. The class was introduced by Nigel Gresley in July 1926, based on his previous Class J38 (introduced in January 1926) but with larger driving wheels. The larger wheels enabled them to be used on both passenger and freight trains, although at the expense of a lower tractive effort. As a result they were given the BR power classification 4P/5F, rather than the 6F of the earlier class. A total of 289 examples were built over next fifteen years. All passed into British Railways ownership in 1948 and they were numbered 64700-64988. They began to be withdrawn from service in 1959 and all examples had been scrapped by the end of 1962.
- N Class No.1823 in Southern Railway lined Maunsell Green (DCC Sound)
- WD Austerity Class 'Major-General Mc Mullen' LMR Blue 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.79250
- SE&CR N Class 31810 BR Lined Black (Late Crest) Weathered Edition
- LNER J39 with Group Standard 4200 Gallon Tender 64897 BR Black (Early Emblem)
- WD Austerity Class BR Black Early Emblem Weathered 2-8-0 Locomotive No.90441
- WD Austerity Class LNER Black 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.3085
- LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 64739 BR Black (Late Crest)
- SE&CR N Class 1860 SR Black (Sunshine)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 4057 LMS Black (MR numerals)
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1B Tender 73109 BR Lined Black (Early Emblem)
- LMS Fairburn Tank 2278 LMS Black (Revised) Weathered
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73049 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- LMS Fairburn Tank 42062 BR Lined Black (Late Crest)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43892 BR Black (British Railways)
- LNER O6 (8F) LNER Black (LNER Revised) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 3518
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73050 BR Lined Black (Late Crest)
- LMS Stanier Class 8F BR Black (Late Crest) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 48773 DCC Sound
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43931 BR Black (Late Crest) Weathered