Serving double-duty, Baggage-Dormitory cars like this WalthersProto replica were standard equipment assigned to the general and other Pennsylvania trains. Delivered new in 1948, these cars had space for checked baggage, but also provided sleeping space for the kitchen staff of 18, as well as two stewards. This allowed the same crew to remain on board for the entire run, shaving precious time off the tight schedules and reducing costs. Features of this railroad-ready model include:
- All-new tooling, first time in plastic!
- One-time run of car numbers on factory-printed cars - order now, limited quantity available
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Modeler-installed extended drawbars for 22" radius curves included
- Correct trucks
- Correct 36" RP-25 metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers