Please note: New lower price, due to small incorrect decoration application
The model affected is 7S-026-011 BR Late Crest with running number on the tank sides.- (and its DCC/DCC Sound fitted derivatives) A small cream square has been identified on the bottom corner of one of the tank sides as in photo below.
The class 3F, also known as the Jinty, was based on the class 2441 developed by Henry Fowler in 1899. This class of locomotive was built between 1924 and 1931 and although it is a small locomotive they became one of the most used locomotives in British railway history. A total of 422 locomotives were built in this class and some of them still remain in preservation.
They represent the ultimate development of the Midland Railway's six-coupled tank engines. The design of this class was based on rebuilds by Henry Fowler of the Midland Railway 2441 Class introduced in 1899 by Samuel Waite Johnson. These rebuilds featured a Belpaire firebox and improved cab. The first 49 locomotives did not have the distinctive keyhole sand box fillers in the tank sides, but our models are of locomotives that did have the key hole.
This model of the 3F "Jinty" locomotive features a die-cast chassis and running plate. It also features three link couplings and sprung buffers as standard which adds to the detail. A stunning model and set to be a great addition to any O gauge railway.
- Sprung metal buffers
- Die-cast running plate
- Compensated die-cast chassis
- Die-cast and profiled wheels
- Flickering fire light effect
- High level of separately applied detail
- Removable cab roof for ease of posing your locomotive crew
- Dapol’s proven motor and gearbox offering exceptional smooth performance and slow running capabilities
- Decoration Note: A small cream square has been identified on the bottom corner of one of the tank sides as in the last image.
- CLASS 3F "Jinty"
- LIVERY BR Late Crest
- ERA 4 (1948 - 1956)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 0-6-0T
- DECODER Installed
- SOUND Installed
- COUPLINGS Articulated screw
- TRACK SUPPLY 2 Rail DCC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 222mm
- WIDTH 58mm
- HEIGHT 85mm