The class 3F, also known as the Jinty, was based on the class 2441 developed by Henry Fowler in 1899. This class of locomotive was built between 1924 and 1931 and although it is a small locomotive it became one of the most used locomotive in British railway history. A total of 422 locomotives were built in this class and some of them still remain in preservation.
They represent the ultimate development of the Midland Railway's six-coupled tank engines. The design of this class was based on rebuilds by Henry Fowler of the Midland Railway 2441 Class introduced in 1899 by Samuel Waite Johnson. These rebuilds featured a Belpaire firebox and improved cab. The first 49 locomotives did not have the distinctive keyhole sand box fillers in the tank sides, but our models are of locomotives that did have the key hole.
British Railways numbers were the LMS numbers prefixed with '4'. Numbers 47477, 47478, 47479, 47480, 47481, 47655 and 47681 were fitted for push-pull train working.
This model of the 3F "Jinty" locomotive features a die-cast chassis and running plate. It also features three link couplings and sprung buffers as standard which adds to the detail. A stunning model and set to be a great addition to any O gauge railway.
- Sprung metal buffers
- Die-cast running plate
- Compensated die-cast chassis
- Die-cast and profiled wheels
- Flickering fire light effect
- High level of separately applied detail
- Removable cab roof for ease of posing your locomotive crew
- Dapol’s proven motor and gearbox offering exceptional smooth performance and slow running capabilities
- CLASS 3F "Jinty"
- LIVERY BR Early Crest
- ERA 4 (1948 - 1956)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 0-6-0T
- DECODER 21 Pin DCC27 Ready
- SOUND Use Soundtraxx STX881106 Steam Sound Decoder (Speaker Required)
- COUPLINGS Articulated screw
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 222mm
- WIDTH 58mm
- HEIGHT 85mm