The Dapol BR Standard 20 ton Brake Van model features
• ABS body
• Die cast chassis for added weight.
• A compensation beam to improve running qualities
• Sprung metal Oleo buffers
• Sprung metal couplings either instanter link or screw type where applicable
• Die-cast wheels with steel tyres
• Pin-point brass bearings
• We are also considering including the option of interior lighting and sound.
• Roller Bearings
No BR era layout would be complete without a couple of these vehicles and they will be the ideal companion to many of the wagons and locomotives currently in the Dapol range.
Dapol is making good on its plan to produce the last batches of Diagrams 1/506 and 1/507 totalling 1,830 units, these having roller bearing axle boxes in place of the oil type and Oleo self contained buffers. The first shots showing the new tooling modifications are pictured below.