The class 08 diesel electric locomotive is one of the most common diesels developed for British railway usage. Over 990 of these locomotives were produced between 1953 and 1962 at the railway works in Crewe, Darlington and Doncaster. Until the 1990's they were commonly seen in all large stations and goods yards.
Unfortunately with the introduction of fixed rake wagons and multiple units, the need for shunting locomotive diminished and many of these locomotives were either scrapped or sold overseas.
These stunning reproductions of one of the most popular shunting locomotives will really stand out on any O Gauge model railway and with the smooth motion and slow running characteristics they will surely take pride of place in any goods yard or station scene.
- Sprung buffers
- Sprung couplings
- Etched name plate
- All wheel drive and pickup
- 5 Pole skew motor with slow running control
- Bag of spare detail parts to fix to the locomotive
- Cast metal wheels in appropriate colour to match livery
- Finely moulded body with separately added detail parts
- CLASS 08
- LIVERY EWS (Maroon / Gold)
- ERA 7 (1971 - 1982)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 0-6-0
- DECODER 21 Pin DCC Ready
- SOUND Use Diesel Sound Decoders by Sound Traxx (Speaker Required)
- COUPLINGS 3-Link
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 260mm
- WIDTH 62mm
- HEIGHT 88mm