Dapol 4F-050-101 O & K JHA (middle hopper) OO Foster Yeoman 19335
- OO Gauge Scale
- Era 9. 1995 onwards - Post Privatisation
- What the icons mean
The O&K JHA hoppers were built by Orenstein & Koppel to coincide with the introduction of the Class 59’s in the UK for aggregate haulage by Foster Yeoman. They remain in service to date with Mendip Rail Ltd. A rake of these wagons consist of two outer wagons and a number of inner wagons.
The notable feature is that the two outer wagons have screw link couplings and buffers on the outer most edge of the train, whilst the connection between inner wagons is a buckeye style coupling allowing closer coupling and hence an overall reduction in length of the train which was considered an important design aim.
These model O&K JHA Hoppers are highly detailed and will be a great addition to your rolling stock.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Designed from works drawings
- Sprung Buffers on outer most
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper:
- Inner wagons without buffers and buckeye couplings
- Outer wagons with Lamp, Sprung Buffers, and Standard OO model coupling with NEM pocket at one end; other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye couplings
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius
- Accessory pack to contain two versions of interconnecting pipes:
- Loose, unconnected
- Flexible to connect between adjacent wagons
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of lamp) Flashing
- Finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 182mm
- WIDTH 33mm
- HEIGHT 48mm