The telescopic hood wagon, designated KIA by the TOPS nomenclature system was built by Linke Hofmann Busch in Germany in 1979. One hundred and four were built and originally operated by VTG and then more recently by Tiphook. Their design with sliding roof and body sections ensured the efficient loading and transport of high grade sheet steel in rolls or coils which was subsequently delivered in perfect condition.
These wagons were often seen in rakes of more than 10 wagons.
These model telescopic hood wagons are highly detailed and will be a great addition to your rolling stock.
- Profiled wheels
- Accurately applied livery
- Comes with steel coil loads
- NEM pockets with self-centring couplings
- Many separately added components and etched details
- Highly detailed body moulding with sliding roof and body section
- OPERATOR Tiphook Rail
- RUNNING NUMBER 589 9 024-9
- COUPLINGS NEM
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 192mm
- WIDTH 33mm
- HEIGHT 48mm