Megafret wagons were first introduced in 2001 and were leased exclusively to Freightliner for operation through the Channel Tunnel and across mainland Europe. Their design, with low access loading platforms, allowed them to carry standard 40’ and 45’ High Cube containers on British Rail’s loading gauge (maximum 9’ high by 8’6” width) enabling the expansion of the rail market share of the deep sea container business.
Each Megafret was built as a twin wagon set permanently coupled together and in pristine condition had a characteristic blue livery. They are still in widespread operation today.
These wagons really stand out on any railway and due to their high detail and will be a great addition to your rolling stock.
- Containers sold separately
- Highly detailed moulded body
- NEM coupling socket along with a self-centring coupling arm
- Accurate and finely applied livery and decorations including weathered wagons
- Finely modelled wheels featuring an accurate RP25.110 pro le with 14.4mm back to back measurements
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 123mm
- WIDTH 17mm
- HEIGHT 10mm