The ‘Siphon G’ van was a ventilated, wooden bodied covered wagon designed by the GWR for the mass transport of milk contained in churns. Siphon wagons were first manufactured in the 1870s and went through many design changes and improvements. The most popular model was ‘Siphon G’, of which 130 were built between 1913 and 1927.
Peculiarly, ’Siphon G’ vans were designated as carriages, as opposed to goods vehicles, due to their construction being based on recycled passenger carriage chassis.
All ‘Siphon G’ vans survived into nationalisation in 1948 with the last examples being withdrawn from service in 1962.
- Accurately applied livery and printed details
- Siphon G comes complete with corridor connector
- Detailed moulded body complete with planking and ventilation detail
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 109mm
- WIDTH 17mm
- HEIGHT 27mm