The Class 68 is a type of mainline mixed traffic diesel-electric locomotive manufactured by Stadler Rail (and previously by Vossloh España) for Direct Rail Services in the United Kingdom. The design is derived from the Stadler Eurolight, and Stadler's product name for this variant is the UKLight.
The design meant that these locomotives able able to reach 100mph and due to the state of the art adhesion control system they have utilised the available traction power for both power and speed.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- All wheel pickup
- Die-cast chassis
- Directional & cab lighting
- Smooth running 5 pole next generation motor
- Accessory bag with spares and optional detail parts
- Includes magnetic couplings and traditional couplings
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Finely moulded body with many separately applied details
- CLASS 68
- LIVERY DRS
- ERA 10 (2005 Onwards)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION Bo-Bo
- COUPLINGS NEM
- DCC TYPE Next-18 Decoder Socket (DAIMPERIUM2 is recommended)
- SOUND N/A
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 140mm
- WIDTH 17mm
- HEIGHT 28mm