The BR Class 121 is a type of diesel railcar built by the Pressed Steel Company at Cowley in 1960. In all, sixteen single car driving vehicles (‘Bubble cars’, as they were nicknamed) and 10 trailer cars were built and entered service in 1960. Remarkably, two are still in service today and eight have survived into preservation.
The Class 121 was initially designed for use on branch line duties in the Western Region of BR and over its long service life has seen many modified cations and changes during refurbishment, including the removal of the distinctive front exhausts and the plating over of the 4 digit roof level headcode indicator box in the 1970s.
These great little models feature lots of details including internal seats, external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Powered units fitted with smooth running motor
- Finely detailed body with many extra fitted items
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights and head code lighting where applicable
- Light bar ready
- Accessory bag with optional fitted parts
- CLASS 121
- LIVERY Chiltern Railways
- ERA 5 (1957 - 1966)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION Bo-Bo
- DCC TYPE Next18 DCC Ready
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 138mm
- WIDTH 19mm
- HEIGHT 25mm