Cavalex Models CM - 56097 - TGM - SOUND Class 56 097 Metals Sector Diesel Locomotive (DCC Sound)
- CM - 56097 - TGM - SOUND
- Cavalex Models
- OO Gauge Scale
Product IDCM - 56097 - TGM - SOUND
- DCC Sound Fitted
- Product features directional lighting
- Product features internal lighting
- What the icons mean
Expected Delivery Late Summer (Subject to change at Manufacturer's Discretion).
- Number: 56097
- Build: Doncaster
- Info: Metals Sector
- Distinctive fabricated cab shape
- Cutaway buffer beam
- Diamond mesh side grilles, cantrail grilles and roof grille
- Steel cab and cab side window frames
- Additional air conditioning vent on the second man’s side
Please see the full DCC Sound specification of the model below:
- Custom sound project recorded and programmed by ESU, which interacts with independently driven roof fans, each with its own quiet coreless motor, to authentically replicate the way that the real locomotive operates, under various loads and conditions.
- Newly developed speaker by ESU (one passive radiator and sugar cube combination unit)
- Full independently controlled lighting, allowing for parked, yard, light engine, and ‘on train’ modes, with realistic levels of brightness and colour representative of the prototype being modelled.
- Realistically bright (or dim depending how you look at it) cab lighting.
- Hall sensors for fully adjustable automated flange squeal on sound fitted models which was first demonstrated to customers at the Rails of Sheffield open day in August 2022. This feature
- automatically provides the characteristic screech as the wheels enter sharp curves. Not having to activate the sound manually only adds to the immersive effect whilst driving the locomotive.
- Power bank providing smooth uninterrupted running, which combined with floating centre axles, allows trouble free road holding and power.
Cavalex Models have announced a newly-tooled Class 56 in 4mm.
The model is already significantly advanced and currently at the tooling stage, having been in the works for the past few years. All variants of the 56 are being tooled, to accurately cover all 135 locomotives produced between 1976 and 1984.
The Cavalex 56 has been designed completely from scratch, based on original works drawings from both Electroputere and BREL. Having incorporated numerous innovations into the model which they plan to showcase in the future. Whilst the 56 has been released by other manufacturers in the past, it was an obvious choice for Cavalex given the prototype ran with all of the released and forthcoming wagons, and being 56 fans, Cavalex wanted to capture the distinct differences between the four main versions of the ‘Grid’. They have deliberately chosen prototypes that don’t conflict with existing models of the class, whilst also releasing liveries never seen in 4mm scale. This extends to liveries not seen on certain versions; for example Red Stripe Railfreight on a Romanian built Class 56.
The locomotive will incorporate the following features:
- A wealth of separately fitted parts, including bogies which aren’t just one piece mouldings to allow for proper detail relief
- Photo etched grilles throughout the model
- All wheel pick up
- Alloy chassis to allow the locomotive to pull prototypical wagon rakes
- 5 pole motor with twin flywheels, geared for prototypical running speeds with superb slow speed control
- 21 pin DCC interface, with easy DCC fitting provision
- DCC sound and stay alive options (Further news to follow)
- Provision for an EM2 Speaker in the chassis as standard
- Drop in EM/P4 wheelset packs available to order separately to coincide with the release of the model - you can ORDER HERE
- Separately motor operated roof fans via a function output on DCC, or when moving on DC
- Etched name plates supplied as appropriate
- Both standard and revised cantrail grill options depending on prototype.
The Cavalex 56 will be produced to the same high standard of finish as the highly regarded PGA and BBA/BLA wagons, incorporating similar levels of detail and innovation.