Expected Delivery Q1 2024 (Subject to change at Manufacturer's Discretion).
- Number: 56018
- Build: Romanian
- Info: Carried EWS livery from 1998 to withdrawal
- Distinctive Romanian shape
- Full buffer beam cowling
- Square mesh side grilles, cantrail grilles and roof grille
- Rubber sealed cab and cab side windows
- Revised roof grilles (above electrical compartment)
Cavalex Models have announced a newly-tooled Class 56 in 4mm.
The model is already significantly advanced and currently at the tooling stage, having been in the works for the past few years. All variants of the 56 are being tooled, to accurately cover all 135 locomotives produced between 1976 and 1984.
The Cavalex 56 has been designed completely from scratch, based on original works drawings from both Electroputere and BREL. Having incorporated numerous innovations into the model which they plan to showcase in the future. Whilst the 56 has been released by other manufacturers in the past, it was an obvious choice for Cavalex given the prototype ran with all of the released and forthcoming wagons, and being 56 fans, Cavalex wanted to capture the distinct differences between the four main versions of the ‘Grid’. They have deliberately chosen prototypes that don’t conflict with existing models of the class, whilst also releasing liveries never seen in 4mm scale. This extends to liveries not seen on certain versions; for example Red Stripe Railfreight on a Romanian built Class 56.
The locomotive will incorporate the following features:
- A wealth of separately fitted parts, including bogies which aren’t just one piece mouldings to allow for proper detail relief
- Photo etched grilles throughout the model
- All wheel pick up
- Alloy chassis to allow the locomotive to pull prototypical wagon rakes
- 5 pole motor with twin flywheels, geared for prototypical running speeds with superb slow speed control
- 21 pin DCC interface, with easy DCC fitting provision
- DCC sound and stay alive options (Further news to follow)
- Provision for an EM2 Speaker in the chassis as standard
- Drop in EM/P4 wheelset packs available to order separately to coincide with the release of the model you can ORDER HERE
- Separately motor operated roof fans via a function output on DCC, or when movin on DC
- Etched name plates supplied as appropriate
- Both standard and revised cantrail grill options depending on prototype.
The Cavalex 56 will be produced to the same high standard of finish as the highly regarded PGA and BBA/BLA wagons, incorporating similar levels of detail and innovation.