Class 56 56131 (Crewe Built) Large Logo Blue DCC Fitted By Dapol | Code: 2D-004-011D | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 56 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
DAPOL SAMPLE IMAGE USED, TO BE UPDATED CLOSER TO RELEASE
The Dapol model of Class 56 features:
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- RP25.72 darkened wheels with pin point bearings
- 5 pole Super creep motor with controlled pulling power and incredible slow
- running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights
- Dapols low friction mechanism for efficient quiet running
- Heavy split frame chassis for excellent running and haulage qualities
The British Rail Class 56 is a type of Co-Co locomotive designed for heavy freight work and was introduced between 1976 and 1983. In all 135 Class 56s were built, the first 30 by Electroputere in Romania but due to poor quality of construction the remainder were built by BREL at their Doncaster and Crewe works. The Class 56 was considered to be a successful locomotive and had a long service life. However performance and maintenance costs savings made from the deployment of the newly imported Class 66 resulted in most of the fleet of Class 56s being decommissioned or sold on by 2006. Several Class 56s are currently preserved and some class 56s are still in service today with private rail companies hauling freight and for the occasional special service.
- Class 56 56059 EWS (Doncaster Built)
- Class 56 56059 EWS (Doncaster Built) DCC Fitted
- Class 56 56303 (ex 56125 Crewe Built) DCR
- Class 56 56303 (ex 56125 Crewe Built) DCR DCC Fitted
- Class 56 56302 (ex 56124 Crewe built) Fastline DCC Fitted
- Class 56 56131 (Crewe Built) Large Logo Blue
- Class 56 56029 Transrail (Romanian Built)
- Class 56 56029 Transrail (Romanian Built) DCC Fitted