Class 27 27042 BR Blue FYE DCC Fitted By Dapol | Code: 2D-013-005D | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 27 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
The Dapol Class 27 features:
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- RP25.72 darkened wheels with pin point bearings
- 5 pole Super creep motor with controlled pulling power and incredible slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights and headcode box lighting
- Heavy split frame die-cast chassis for excellent running and haulage qualities
The Class 27 was a development of the earlier Class 26. In all 69 locomotives were built by Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Company (BRCW) during 1961 and 1962. By 1969 the Class 27 was being used almost exclusively in Scotland. They were withdrawn from service in 1987 and eight survive into preservation.