Class 24/0 D5036 Disc Headcode BR Green (Small Yellow Panels) By Bachmann | Code: 32-415 | OO Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 24 , Diesel/Electric Loco , Summer 2021 Range ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
We are delighted to introduce our all-new Branchline model of Class 24/0 No. D5036 in BR Green livery with Small Yellow Panels as part of our Summer 2021 British Railway Announcements.
We’ve taken a fresh look at the classic Class 24/0 and designed this model from the rails up, developing new tooling to incorporate a wealth of detail coupled with an exquisite livery application. Features include working directional and cab lighting plus a pre-fitted speaker for easy DCC Sound fitting – or why not choose our SOUND FITTED version instead (item No. 32-415SF)
- Bachmann Branchline OO Scale
- Era 5
- Pristine BR Green (Small Yellow Panels) livery
- Accessory Pack included fully decorated Bufferbeam Pipework
- Supplied with a selection of Discs allowing you to choose the headcode arrangement that suits your needs
- NEM Coupling Pockets
- Sprung Buffers
- Powerful 5 Pole Motor with Twin Flywheels
- Detailed and Decorated Cab Interior
- Interior Cab Lighting
- Directional Lighting
- Lighting can be controlled by chassis-mounted switches or via DCC
- Speaker Fitted
- Equipped with a 21 Pin DCC Decoder Socket – recommended Decoder item No. 36-557
- Length 210mm
CLASS 24/0 HISTORY
The widely travelled British Railways Class 24 diesel-electric locomotives, also known as the Sulzer Type 2, were built from 1958 to 1961. One hundred and fifty-one were built at BR’s Derby, Crewe and Darlington Works, the first twenty of them as part of the British Railways 1955 Modernisation Plan. This Class was used as the basis for the development of the Class 25 locomotives. Initial deliveries were for operation in the Crewe and Derby areas, but fifteen of the initial twenty were diverted for use on the Southern Region to cover for delays in the Kent Coast Electrification scheme.
As deliveries continued, allocations were made to both the London Midland Region and Eastern Region, and with the Class becoming familiar to crews and staff around London they were used on freight trains over the Metropolitan Widened Lines. Locos allocated to East Anglia for use on freight soon became redundant due to the rundown of services in that region, and these were, in turn, moved to Wales and Lancashire.
All Class 24s were powered by the reliable 6LDA28-A Sulzer engine which gave an output of 1,160bhp. Disc headcodes were fitted to all Class 24/0s along with large fuel tanks and water tanks for the steam heat boilers, although these were later removed in many cases. The first Class 24 was withdrawn in 1967 following fire damage but the last remained in service until 1980. Class 24/1 No. 24061 also survived until 1987 thanks to its transfer to Departmental use and was one of four Class 24s to be preserved.
The Bachmann Branchline range also includes both disc headcode and headcode box versions of the Class 24/1 locomotives.
- Class 24/0 24035 Disc Headcode BR Blue - DCC Sound
- Class 24/1 D5135 BR Green (Late Crest) Diesel Locomotive (DCC Sound)
- Class 24/1 D5094 Disc Headcode BR Green (Late Crest)
- Class 24/1 24137 BR Blue Diesel Locomotive
- Class 24/1 D5094 Disc Headcode BR Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- Class 24/1 97201 'Experiment' Disc Headcode BR RTC (Original)
- Class 24/1 97201 'Experiment' Disc Headcode BR RTC (Original) - DCC Sound
- Class 24/1 24137 BR Blue Diesel Locomotive (DCC Sound)
- Class 24/0 D5036 Disc Headcode BR Green (Small Yellow Panels) - DCC Sound
- Class 24/0 24035 Disc Headcode BR Blue