Class 28 D5705 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Small Radius Corners) As Preserved - DCC SOUND By Rapido Trains UK | Code: 905505 | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Manufacturer||Rapido Trains UK|
|Product category||Class 28 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
Metropolitan Vickers’ Type 2 design incorporated a number of unusual features, from its Crossley two-stroke diesel engine to its unique five-axle wheel arrangement.
It was a stylish design too, with its wraparound windscreens.
Sadly, the design failed to live up to expectations and although the class was heavily re-built in 1961, BR decided to rid itself of these problematic locomotives and withdrew the fleet in 1968.
Prototype Factfile Built: 1958/1959 (20 built) How long did they last? All 20 had been withdrawn by the end of 1968. D5705 was retained for Departmental duties until 1985. Where did they work? Initially used on ‘Condor’ container services, they were relegated to local duties around north-west England. Can I see one? D5705 is under long-term restoration at the East Lancashire Railway.
Here’s the specification of our ‘N’ gauge model:
- Designed from original works drawings
- Post-1961 flat screen version
- Next18 decoder socket
- Quality mechanism
- Directional lighting
- Accurately applied liveries down to minute detail differences
- NEM coupler pockets
- Class 28 D5713 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Large Radius Corners)
- Class 28 D5707 BR Green With Full Yellow Ends
- Class 28 D5705 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Small Radius Corners) As Preserved
- Class 28 D5701 BR Blue With Full Yellow Ends
- Class 28 D5709 Plain BR Green - DCC SOUND
- Class 28 D5711 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Small Radius Corners) - DCC SOUND
- Class 28 D5713 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Large Radius Corners) - DCC SOUND
- Class 28 D5700 Plain BR Green
- Class 28 D5707 BR Green With Full Yellow Ends - DCC SOUND
- Class 28 D5700 Plain BR Green - DCC SOUND
- Class 28 D5709 Plain BR Green
- Class 28 D5711 BR Green With Small Yellow Panel (Small Radius Corners)