Class 37/7 37704 EW&S Diesel Locomotive By Bachmann | Code: 32-390DB | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Class 37 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Class 37 No. D6734 was built at English Electric’s Vulcan foundry in 1961 and allocated to the Eastern Region at Hull Dairycoates. Under TOPS the locomotive was renumbered to No. 37034 in December 1973 and with this number change came a repaint into BR’s corporate blue livery. Allocations at March and Stratford followed, before the locomotive enjoyed a brief stint north of the border at Motherwell and Eastfield during 1985/86. No. 37034 was then transferred to Cardiff Canton in August 1986 where it was selected for refurbishment to become a Class 37/7 ‘heavyweight’. Refurbishment was carried out at Crewe Works with the locomotive emerging as No. 37704 in January 1987, having lost its head-code boxes and now carrying Railfreight Coal Sector livery.
Upon Privatisation the locomotive came under the ownership of the newly formed English, Welsh & Scottish Railway (EW&S) and was one of the first to receive the bright new gold and maroon livery in November 1996. Our model captures this colourful livery which the real locomotive carried throughout its remaining years in service. No. 37704 was eventually cut up at TJ Thompson’s, Stockton in June 2009.
- Class 37/0 37055 'Rail Celebrity' Mainline Blue Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37/0 37055 'Rail Celebrity' Mainline Blue Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound
- Class 37/0 37275 Stainless Pioneer BR Railfreight Metals Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive Weathered
- Class 37/7 37710 Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- Snowplough for class 37 (x4)
- Class 37/7 37710 Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound
- Class 37/4 37416 'Mount Fuji' BR Mainline Diesel Locomotive (Weathered)
- Class 37/4 37416 'Mount Fuji' BR Mainline Weathered Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37/7 37704 EW&S Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound