16t Mineral Wagon BR Grey 266950 Weathered By Gaugemaster Collection | Code: GM7410302 | O Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Truck/Wagon ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
The 16 ton mineral wagon was a product of wartime when the requirement for coal soared and e orts were made to transport it more efficiently. Prior to wartime most coal was transported in wooden open wagons with a maximum loading of 12 tons. The all steel construction allowed a 33% increase in load and as a consequence these wagons proved extremely popular.
After the war this popularity was sustained with the emergence of the new nationalised BR who based their standard coal shifter on this design. In all over 300,000 were built from many different construction companies. As a consequence of the diversity of supply, there are many design differences, especially over the recommended all welded construction, where many factories could not cope and used rivets instead.
The basic design of the wagon (after many repairs and a refurbishment and re-body program in the 1970s) continued into service until 1987.
Finely moulded body
Diecast chassis with compensating beam
Removable coke rails (Where applicable)
Finely applied livery and printed details
Profiled wheels and axles with brass bearings
Metal sprung buffers
3 link metal coupling chain with sprung coupling hook
LENGTH OVER BUFFER 137mm
CHAIN LENGTH 20mm
- Gaugemaster Collection GM4210101 Network Rail Track Cleaning Vehicle
- 7 Plank Wagon South & Gasson 105 Brighton
- 7 Plank Wagon Botrill Weathered
- BR Railfreight Track Cleaning Wagon
- 16t Mineral Wagon BR Grey 223911 Weathered
- 7 Plank Wagon T Tullet & Sons
- 7 Plank Wagon T Tullet & Sons (Weathered)
- 16t Mineral Wagon BR Grey 563824 Weathered
- 16t Mineral Wagon BR Bauxite 68922 Weathered
- 7 Plank Wagon Chichester Coal Co Ltd Weathered
- 16t Mineral Wagon BR Bauxite 561358 Weathered
- Track Cleaning Vehicle Network Rail Yellow
- Network Rail Yellow Track Cleaning Wagon
- GM4430101 Network Rail Yellow Track Cleaning Wagon
- 16t Mineral Wagon BR Bauxite 570260 Weathered
- 7 Plank Wagon Jury Brick Co
- 7 Plank Wagon Jury Brick Co Weathered
- 7 Plank Wagon Botrill