Class 26 BR Blue unnumbered (dual braked) By Heljan | Code: 2680 | O Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 26 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
Due for release in late-2021, this previously unannounced all-new model features a large number of improvements over the original HELJAN O gauge Class 26 released a decade ago. Unlike that model, Heljan's new BRCW Type 2 has been designed to offer a wide range of detail variations including three different bodyshells depicting locomotives with or without a tablet catcher recess and, for the first time in ‘O’, refurbished ends without headcode discs.
However, perhaps the most exciting development is the first ever ready-to-run model (in any scale) of the legendary Inverness Class 26s with twin headlights, as used in the Far North of Scotland in the 1970s and 1980s.
Dependent on era and livery, models will be delivered with original boiler water tanks in place or with the later style air tanks and distinctive cradle between the bogies. Other detail options will include original or plated-over cab doors, three-piece miniature snowploughs, boiler vent grilles or plates, Inverness-style round radio pods and later NRN radio pods with square cowls.
As required, models will also be supplied with a set of open or folded headcode discs, separately fitted etched metal horn cowl covers and a set of optional Class 26/0 style tapered bogie footsteps allowing customers to tailor their models to individually modified locomotives. As per the full size ‘26s’, one engine room window per side has been designed to be removable for extra ventilation.
Standard features will include sprung buffers, wire handrails, fine etched metal grilles, separately fitted windscreen wipers, sandpipes, bogie and bufferbeam details.
This will be the first British outline ‘O’ gauge model to have ‘plug-and-play’ DCC and sound capability using ESU’s LokSound 5 XL high-power pin decoder.
- High-performance twin motor with fitted flywheel
- All-wheel drive and pick-up
- Separately switchable cab, tail and engine room lights
- ESU XL pin decoder interface
- Provision for DCC sound.
- CLASS 26
- LIVERY BR Blue
- RUNNING NUMBER Unnumbered
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION Bo-Bo
- COUPLINGS 3-Link
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH 359mm
- Class 26 Railfreight Red Stripe unnumbered (white cantrail stripe)
- Class 26 BR Civil Engineers ‘Dutch’ grey/yellow unnumbered
- Class 26 036 Engineers Dutch Locomotive
- Class 26 BR Green unnumbered (tablet catcher recess)
- Class 26 Railfreight Red Stripe 26025 (orange cantrail stripe) with Eastfield dog logo - Weathered
- Class 26 BR Green unnumbered with small yellow panel (tablet catcher recess)
- Class 26 011 Civil Engineers Locomotive
- Class 26 BR Blue 5338 (early version)
- Class 26 BR Blue unnumbered (Inverness headlights)
- Class 26 BR Blue 26027 - Weathered